Das PsionWelt - Hauptforum :  PsionWelt
Alles rund um das klassische Thema Psion - Serie 3/5/7/revo/netBook/netpad - Osaris, MC218/Geofox 
Die hier auf PsionWelt vorhandenen Beiträge spiegeln nicht unbedingt die Meinung von PsionWelt wider. Es dürfen weder rassistische, politische, oder Einträge mit kriminellen Inhalt veröffentlicht werden. Solche Einträge werden unverzüglich gelöscht. Werbung ist generell nicht erwünscht !

Z600, GPRS and Psion 5mx?
geschrieben von: Geir Horn (---.cm.chello.no)
Datum: 13. Mai 2004 19:54

I have recently aquired the very nice Z600. GPRS worked perfectly - on the phone. I just can't get my old friend Psion to use this connection through the IR port.

Has anyone made it work? Any tips and ideas will be most welcome (also the ones just allowing me to see why it does not work - there are no progress logs available as I know of).

With most grateful wishes for any help!

--- Geir

Re: Z600, GPRS and Psion 5mx?
geschrieben von: Enno (---.jetzweb.de)
Datum: 13. Mai 2004 21:44

Hello Geir,

do you have installed the "mobileGPRSupdate.sis" yet?

In my case (revo-nokia 6310i) this was the "magic point" - after having installed this .sis it worked.

Probably your phone-provider has all other settings for psions. E.g. in Germany you can get the settings for the E+-net directly from the provider.

best regards -------Enno

Datum: 15. Mai 2004 11:39

Thanks for an answer, Enno!

I did not have the "mobileGPRSupdate.sis" installed. Now I have but it did not change much. I still can't make it work. The problem is also that I am unable to see where it goes wrong. The only thing I have is the error message "network problem". Very informative. Yes I do have a network problem, but what causes it?

Have you, or anyone else, actually succeeded establishing a GPRS connection from a Psion 5mx using a Z600?

My provider offers configuration settings for a range of PDAs, but of course not for Psion and not for Z600. Thus I cross fingers and hope the Psion community might help with this challenge!

With grateful wishes,

--- Geir

geschrieben von: Willi Heusser in Winterthur (---.cust.tele2.ch)
Datum: 16. Mai 2004 01:51

Hallo Geir.
Please give mi your Email Adress and i send you the mobileGPRSupdate.sis.

Greeting Willi Heusser

Datum: 16. Mai 2004 13:23

Thanks!

I do have the mobileGPRSupdate.sis installed (dowloaded from www.portal-pda.com): The list of installed programs reports "Mobile Connectivity Update 2.00". Is this the correct version that you have?

No difference. Still not able to connect. Next is to investigate the modem definition parameters and the Internet provider definition. It would be of great help if anyone could send me a working configuration for Z600 - I doubt that I am the first Psion enthusiast using this phone? What phone do you have?

Thanks a million!

--- Geir

Z600, GPRS and Psion 5mx - THE SOLUTION
Datum: 17. Mai 2004 18:19

Dear enthusiasts,

A very special thanks to Enno and Willi for offering to help me. I have now successfully made the connection. Here is what made it:

a. The installation of the "mobileGPRSUpdate.sis"

b. Then configure according to Pfeifer's instructions
http://www.psionwelt.de/phorum31/read.php3?f=2&i=10422&t=10422
BUT: The Z600 seems to need the "phone number" as 99[CID]#
in other words, 99
1# did it in my case.

c. Do a soft reset on the 5mx to clear out all old drivers etc. This is to push the little gold button just above the back-up battery (open the back-up battery cover)

My problems seem to be caused by ignoring step c) since I have never ever before had the need to do a soft reset on my faithful helper. Presumably it was necessary for the updates of the mobileGPRSUpdate.sis to take proper effect.

With very happy wishes,

--- Geir

Ihr vollständiger Name: 
Ihre E-Mail-Adresse: 
Thema: 
Spamschutz:
Bitte gib den Code aus dem unten stehenden Bild in das Eingabefeld ein. Damit werden Bots, die versuchen dieses Formular automatisch auszufüllen, geblockt. Wenn der Code schwer zu lesen ist, versuche einfach zu raten. Wenn du einen falschen Code eingibst, wird einfach ein neues Bild erzeugt und du bekommst eine zweite Chance.
CAPTCHA

Wir erkennen alle hier genannten Copyrights und Warenzeichen an! Letzte Änderung am 15.04.2016 21:26 © 1998-2016 bei PsionWelt - Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Besucher insgesamt: WEBCounter by GOWEB Heute: WEBCounter by GOWEB Gestern: WEBCounter by GOWEB letzter Seitenzugriff: WEBCounter by GOWEB